Thursday, April 19, 2012

Today's project was to make a small zipper bag with fabric tabs on the sides of the zipper so that the upper corners are square and neat.

I started with a zipper with an opening of 7 inches.

I cut 2 squares of fabric, each one 2" x 3".

These were sewn to the front side of the zipper about half an inch inside the metal zipper stops.


Finger press the tabs facing out.

I cut a 2 pieces of fabric for the sides of the bag. With the zipper open, I sewed along the top. Since my fabric was a napkin with a seamed top edge, I simply lined up the top of the fabric along the center of the zipper and sewed.  Then sewed on the other side.




The bag was folded inside out and stitched along all three open sides, making sure that the seam was within the metal zipper stops.

When done, I just opened it up.











No comments:

Post a Comment